Ascendium News & Media
Looking for more information about what’s happening at Ascendium?
Ascendium at a Glance
Ascendium, formerly Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation & Affiliates, is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. Ascendium provides student loan guaranty services and funds education philanthropy initiatives while also offering a suite of products for borrowers and college campuses focused on helping borrowers successfully manage their debt.
- Ascendium is the largest student loan guarantor in the U.S.
- We provide information, tools and counseling to help 2.3 million borrowers nationwide succeed in federal student loan repayment.
- We hold guarantees on $62 billion in Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans.
- Our earnings are channeled into our philanthropy program, one of the nation’s largest funders of postsecondary education initiatives.
- Through four focus areas, we fund projects that support our mission to help more students from low-income backgrounds achieve their academic and career goals.
- We employ over 250 employees nationwide.
UNVEILS UPDATED PHILANTHROPY BLUEPRINT
We elevate opportunity
We’re a nonprofit organization. We’re a loan guarantor. An education philanthropy. We provide tools and services that drive college completion and lifelong success.Learn More About What We Do