Permitted Use of Site
You may access the Site to view material on the Site, download information and print out hard copies for your personal and noncommercial use. If you have registered with the Site and have a password, you may use the password and your Social Security number to access information about any student loan(s) you have that we service or guarantee. You may also make payments on any loan that we service.
Rules of Conduct
You agree not to:
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- Impersonate any person or entity;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site;
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, robot, spyware, or other code;
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site, including by means of hacking or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Interfere with or violate any other site visitor's or user's right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about Site visitors or users;
- Sell, resell, transfer, license or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Site;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or dissemble any portion of the Site;
- Misuse passwords;
- Frame or mirror all or any part of the Site without our express written authorization;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the account information of anyone else, or to any computer systems or networks connected to any of our servers; or,
- Publish or disseminate any link to the contents of this website without our express written consent.
Content and Availability
The content and availability of the Site may change at any time. We shall not be liable to you for any change to the Site or in connection with the availability of the Site.
Ascendium has not and will not review all of the content, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Site links, or that link to the Site ("Third-Party Websites"). Ascendium does not have any control over those Third-Party Websites and is not responsible for Third-Party Websites' contents, use or effects. Ascendium disclaims any responsibility for any material on a Third-Party Website that may be inaccurate, unlawful or otherwise objectionable.
Changes and Revision to Agreement
Copyright, Trademark and Other Legal Rights
We own the content of this Site, including but not limited to, all design, text, processes and images, and the Site is protected by copyright and trademark law, international treaties and other applicable laws and regulations. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, the content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, displayed, reproduced, published, sold, distributed, licensed, altered, framed, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in any manner without our prior written consent.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site is provided to you "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. We do not make any warranty and hereby disclaim all warranties that may arise from your use of or reliance on this Site (and any links to other websites that are contained within the Site) including without limitation all warranties of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and noninfringement. We will not be liable for any delay, difficulty in use, inability to use, inaccuracy of information, computer viruses, malicious code or other defect in the Site or for the incompatibility between the Site and files and the user's browser or other site accessing program. We will not be liable for any other problems you experience due to causes beyond our control. We are not responsible or liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available on the Site. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other harmful or destructive content on this Site or on any Third-Party Websites to which this Site links.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to any violation of this Agreement by you.
In the event any of the terms or provisions of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the remaining terms and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by applicable federal laws and the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin.
Your Role in Protecting Your User ID and Password
To protect your account information, Ascendium employs extensive physical, electronic and procedural security controls, regularly adapting them as technology and threats evolve. While Ascendium can help ensure the security of your accounts, you play a vital role in preventing and reporting unauthorized account activity. Here are some important steps that you should consider:
- Do not share your user ID and/or password since you are responsible for its appropriate use.
- Actively monitor your usage history, including promptly reviewing correspondence, notices and account statements.
- Take precautions to safeguard your account information, including your user ID, password and other account information.