- Ascendium Education Solutions guarantees Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans. Normally consolidating into the Direct Loan program resets any progress towards Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
- However, the Department of Education announced a one-time IDR and PSLF account adjustment to bring borrowers closer to IDR and Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- The IDR waiver is scheduled to end May 1, 2023. You must consolidate into the Direct Loan program before that date to benefit.
- Direct Loans have other benefits FFELP loans do not, including access to PSLF and more generous IDR plans.
- Except for FFELP loans in default there is no fee or cost to consolidate, and you can do it here. Consolidating FFELP loans out of default adds collection costs to the balance.
- Please note that consolidating into the Direct Loan program may make your loans ineligible for Federal Student Loan Debt Relief.